The New Experts by Robert H. Bloom
Win Today’s Newly Empowered Customers at Their 4 Decisive Moments
Create Preference: Customer loyalty may be dead, but you can still make buyers want you
To build Customer Preference and take advantage of all the benefits it offers,
remember that in the mind of your buyer:
- You don’t have to be the biggest in your industry.
- You don’t have to manufacture the best product.
- You don’t have to have the most well-known brand.
- You don’t have to offer a more compelling promise.
- You don’t have to have the biggest marketing budget.
However, in the mind of the buyer, you do have to deliver a different benefit from your competitors and consistently provide that benefit at each Decisive Customer Moment. Remember that a benefit is something a buyer considers advantageous from her personal perspective. This means a customer benefit does not to have to be monetarily valuable, but of course, it can be.
If you want your business to be your customer’s first choice, you must create and sustain Customer Preference at all 4 Decisive Customer Moments.
- The Now-or-Never Moment—your first brief contact
- The Make-or-Break Moment—the lengthy transaction process
- The Keep-or-Lose Moment—the customer’s continued usage
- The Multiplier Moment—repeat purchase, advocacy and referral
Think like a buyer and act like a seller!